April 12, 2006

 

Shameless Plug

Just like I did once last year, I'm setting aside for a day all ranting about current events to put the word out about a new record that was released last month. Jake Burns, founding member of the still relevant and active Belfast punk group Stiff Little Fingers, and who now resides in Chicago, has put together an album of original and traditional Irish songs (and one Van Morrison cover) entitled "Drinkin' Again":

give me rum give me vodka give me brandy give me beer

I've been a Stiff Little Fingers fan for quite a few years (and punk rock in general, thanks in part to ILLEGAL HOME TAPING committed during the 1980s by TIM COOPER, DAVE LARKIN, DAN MARTELL AND SCOTT STRONG), so I was pumped as hell when I received a call to come in and record a couple of songs on upright bass for Burns' solo record (title track "Drinkin' Again" and "V.E. Day"). Needless to say, in this instance I am hypocritically refusing to burn a disc for any of you--Amazon or Amazon UK will be happy to sell you a copy. Thanks.

Comments:
No free copy? I want all my goddamned tapes back then!!!
 
I heard that all those copyright infringers died in a tragic, fiery crash on the way to a Camper Van Beethoven concert sometime in the 90's.
 
Some survived, I'm not at liberty to say who.
 
CONGRATULATIONS!!!, you LICENTIOUS, LECHEROUS, and LASCIVIOUS SOD!!! I am so motherfuckin' proud (no offense to your mother although she's still hot) to know you. Buy me some shit, you're rich.
 
Congrats Jeff, and in honor of the season:
"Here comes Jesus Cottontail,
Hoppin' down the bloody trail,
Wappity!, Wappity!,
IN GOES ANOTHER NAIL!!!"
(sung to the tune of "Peter Cottontail")
 
I knew it would pay off to be friends with a guy in a band! Congrats! I am actually going to get a copy and listen to it. I don't think I've heard you play since we were all Virgins! God we're getting old! Big Love and Kisses to you on your accomplishment you rock dude!
 
Kid just likes the sound of Stiff Little Fingers (up his flaming ass).
 
I saw Stiff Little Fingers at a college near Dublin! It was a slippery, dangerous good time.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?